Monday, December 1, 2014

Getting My Sewing Groove Back

After all of my down days lately I think I've finally got my sewing groove back.  I worked on my Red & White Challenge Quilt, which is due on December 14th and I think I will actually finish quilting and binding it in time.  I used the cutting mat from my new Martelli Round-About to square up my blocks.  Here are the scraps:


Tonight I worked on a orange clutch for my quilt guild's Holiday Bazaar, which is December 11th.  I like how it turned out and I think I'll be making a larger version, maybe a tote bag.  The idea came from makercrate.com but I made this one a bit different.  I used a great orange melton wool and faux leather for the hexagons, and an invisible zipper (because that's all Haberman Fabrics had tonight when I needed it at 8:30 pm).  I pressed it using the ironing pad from my new my Round-About.  

And now that I've looked at it here I could see where I forgot to stitch a row on the right side so I've since correct that.



When I sew I just feel so much happier.  Being creative is the perfect balance to my day job where I'm so left-brained sometimes my head hurts!  I've got lots of sewing projects to make for Christmas so it's a good thing that my mojo has returned.

Oh, and that Red & White challenge quilt -- stay tuned for the reveal, once the 14th has come and gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~ can't wait to see your red & white challenge quilt! ;-D

Suzanne said...

Thanks Tracey!