Monday, June 2, 2014

A Very Sad Day

Today has been the saddest day I have ever known.  I hope I never know this kind of sadness again.  Even the loss of my father did not bring this level of profound sorrow.

My sister's beloved son committed suicide this morning in his home with his wife and three of his four children there.  Suicide brings with it so many unanswered questions and a grief so deep as you keep asking over and over and over - why? -- but there's no one to answer you.

No signs.  No warnings.  A seemingly wonderful life.  A husband and wife who adored each other and succeeded in blending a family in a seamless way.  What could possibly be so bad as to take your life?

Even as a young child I was always asking why, why, why about this and that.  I will never be able to understand the tragedy that occurred today.

Please join me in praying for God's healing touch for his family, my sister and her family, and all those who knew and loved Paul.  Our family will never be the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Suzanne, I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy in your family. I do not have the words to offer comfort but pray that God's love will embrace you and your family at this impossibly difficult time .

Suzanne said...

Thank you Cathy. God is with us every day and eventually we will find a new normal.