Saturday, March 29, 2014

Afternoon Project

I had some leftover strips just sitting around from a baby quilt I made a couple of years ago, waiting for me to finally do something with them.  I had considered throwing them out because they weren't sewn perfectly but I decided they would make a cute doll quilt for a special young lady some day.

So I sewed them together, used a fusible batting scrap, and quilted it with a decorative stitch on my brand spankin' new Juki F600, which I bought Thursday.  

I think I'm finally done buying machines!  I'll have more on it later but here's how it greets me:

Like many others who have purchased this machine, I'm calling her Hazel.  The model number is HZL-F600.  So everyone -- say hello to Hazel!  I may have to thin out my stash of machines soon before my roommate catches on that this is yet ANOTHER machine....

P.S. The baby quilt is in the photo stream in my blog header !!

No comments: