Friday, January 31, 2014

Detroit Comics and Quilt Fabric -- who knew??

I've got a mission this weekend -- folding fabric!  I saw this blog link from Angela Pingel on Fave Quilts on Monday and went straight to my nearby comic book store, Detroit Comics, in fashionable Ferndale.  I had never been to a comic book store in my life and my only frame of reference comes from Big Bang Theory.

I was greeted by a youngish man who exclaimed "Good thing I put my pants on".  Hmmm.  I said "Good thing indeed".  I picked up a pack of 100 comic book backer boards for $9.99 and headed out the door, worried he might take his pants off.  Just kidding.  Not really.

I got a start during this week, folding easily 50 yards of fabric already.  

Tip of the iceberg, my friends, tip of the iceberg.  I see myself buying many more yards of fabric packs of backer boards.  Makes me WANT to get organized!  Really!!

Sending a BIG shout out to my sister Renee -- it's her birthday today.  Happy Birthday Sister!

No comments: