Sunday, October 6, 2013

Catching Up

Last week was a really long one for me at work.  Three days were 11+ hours long and one day I made a trip to Lansing from Ann Arbor after work for nothing.  Long story, I'll tell it soon.


I've been moaning and groaning about this new job, saying I'll never last 6 weeks, but I have.  One day last week I recalled that I said the same thing about my job at MetLife, more than 29 years ago and look how long that lasted.  My new director was in town last week and commented on how confident I sound, compared to when I first started there.  Duh.  I must have said it a hundred times while job hunting, that I can learn any database given a little time to wander around and play with the system.


I haven't stopped looking for another job because it sure would be nice to be closer to home.  For now this will do.  I'm hoping for a lighter week ahead because I really want to get home early enough to get some sewing done.  I sewed the binding on my Keeping Tabs quilt and have to sew it down by hand now, hopefully before the guild meets on Thursday.

As my friend Sue would tell you, I'm spending my paycheck at the quilt shops near my office.  So much great fabric out there - so little time!  I started a new Hexie project today with some beautiful Art Gallery fabrics I picked up yesterday at Creative Quilt Kits in Brighton -- had to check out their new digs.  I really like the new spot and when I have more time to browse I'll be back.

No comments: