Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Good News

I found out today that I'll be starting a new job on Monday.  Yes, next Monday.  I've been hired by a company in Ann Arbor, which is quite a drive but beggars can't be choosers at this point in the search.  I lost my job just over a year ago after nearly 28 years at MetLife and if you had asked me then, I never would have guessed I'd be out of work for so long.

I did work a contract job for three months after leaving MetLife and that was good from the standpoint that I learned a few new tricks but I never brought personal items to my desk space.  I am planning on taking a box of things to my new job, maybe on Tuesday, once I'm sure I'm staying!

For now, I've got to hurry up and get all the remaining things done I had planned to complete while I was out of work.  I'm going to be very busy over the next several days.

No comments: