Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quilt Reveal

Last Saturday I gave away two quilts:  one for my niece at her baby shower, and one for my sister who is turning 60 next month.

Baby Sofia's quilt is Italian fabrics -- the alphabet and counting fabric is from Mabelena's in Ortonville.  I was tickled when I bought it last summer.  Had no idea I'd be using it so soon!


I quilted this one myself on my Juki.

Here's the back of her quilt:

Next is the quilt I made for my sister:

It's quite large -- 91" x 94".  It was too big for me to quilt so I had the gals at Quality Quilting in Ann Arbor do it for me.  Denise loves the outdoors in her northern Michigan home.  She loves to collect rocks and work in her flower gardens.


For the back of her quilt I chose African prints, to remind her of her trip to Africa a few years ago.


I selected an all-over leaf design for the quilting pattern and I think it worked out perfectly for her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of these are beautiful. I really like the fabric choices. You do good work!

Renee said...

Both are fantastic Suzanne!
You are a gifted artist!

Suzanne said...

Grazie mille!

Anonymous said...

~GREAT job!..both quilts are beautiful!..ewe are very talented! ;-D