Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Feeling Productive

I am tickled pink.  I have been on a productive roll lately.  So nice to be able to get things done.  Tidying.  Sewing.  Cooking.  Feeling pretty darn good about myself.  Even if I'm not working.  Actually, it's a good thing I'm NOT working.  Between quilt guild activities, de-hoarding, and sewing, I don't really have time to work!

Truth be told, I'd really rather be working but I appreciate the time I've been given to get caught up around the house.  Sometimes you don't know how lucky you are, right?

Yesterday I fixed some things around the house that have been woefully broken for years, some as long as 15 years.  Believe me!  I fixed the cabinet door latch that had been broken for ages, and finally removed the jug of water that had been holding it closed:
It took me about 5 minutes to find the proper latch at Frentz & Sons Hardware Store, and less than 2 minutes to install.  Tell me again why I put up with this all these years???

Next I installed the new handle on the laundry tub, broken by the crazy Argentinians who did my bathroom do-over in 2011.  Okay, it's been a long time coming.  I had purchased the handle about 6 months ago but it came with screws that were way too long, even with a washer or two.  So it sat in a ZipLoc until Monday.

Then I glued my door jamb back together after the wind had whipped the storm door out of our hands last winter:
Not pretty but it's done.

After tidying up my Craft Cave a bit (mighty little bit) I worked on my Caddy Pad.  I can't wait to use this at my next workshop:
I'll admit it -- I didn't have it closed properly until I looked at the pattern online.  Now that I've figured it out, I think my chicken button might be sewn on sideways.  Fix it?  Maybe...  Okay, probably.


 My favorite iron, a dry iron from Continental Irons (purchased from Vermont Country Store).

 Chicken buttons from my friend Tanya!

The ironing surface, opened up -- pretty handy, eh?

I can't wait to work on my next project.  A quilt, a UFO, hmmm???  What should it be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@ wow ewe are a busy bee!..btw ewe are working (around-the-house)!..good work on the diy projects! ;-D

Anonymous said...

Turned out great, Suzanne!
~Joyce in MI