Monday, April 8, 2013

Busy Sewing

I've been busy cooking too.  Today I drove down to the Wigley Meat Market to pick up the meat I need for a few meals this week.  One thing I bought was a pork butt -- they only had one so I didn't have to worry about picking one out.  Weighing in at 8.5 pounds I thought it would be A LOT of meat but after cooking it, using the Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork recipe from the Pioneer Woman, it didn't really seem like that much.
  
My roommate declared it the best thing I've made in a long time.  Some leftovers are in the freezer and one container in the fridge.  It was pretty spicy for me but my roommate didn't think so at all and I bet he'll be digging in before too long.

While the pork was cooking I got to work on piecing a quilt.  Can't show any pictures yet but once it's done I'll post a few.  I've already changed my mind about the quilt back.  Originally I was going to make a mirror image of the front but now I've decided it would be too hard to make it matchy-matchy so I'm going with a different idea.  

I'll get back to work on the quilt tomorrow -- I'm hoping to at least have the front done to show at our guild meeting on Thursday.  Plus there's another old quilt top I'd like to quilt by then.  We'll see...


No comments: