Monday, March 11, 2013

Doggone It!

Today I went out to Holly's with my friend Sue to watch Denver so Holly could see her doctor and get her hair done.  It was a really great day.  Denver was entertaining us, ate his lunch well, screamed bloody murder when he set off the carbon monoxide detector, and then settled down for a much needed nap.

I discovered something quite disappointing however, beneath his dressing table --

Here's what it used to look like:

Yep, apparently the 36" square Shepherd's Wool blanket I made for Holly's baby shower for Denver was WASHED and FELTED!!!!  Now it's about 15" square, if that.  UGH!!  Lesson learned about knitting with wool for babies but GEEZ, I'm not even able to knit anymore......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad!! Perhaps now it could make a great trivet for a hot dish.
Kim T

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Suzanne, how heartbreaking especially given your current situation :(

Kim W

Anonymous said...

~ ohhh so sad!..I agree w/the trivet suggestion :-)good ;-D