Thursday, November 22, 2012

ROFL !!

Remember how I made the two Pot Pinchers for my niece Erica as a belated bridal shower gift?  Do you remember how I shipped them to her in New Jersey?  I used an empty Panettone box from Costco.  I thought I was being very clever -- after all, she's marrying into a very Italian family.

Guess what?  Erica and Tommy took the Panettone box to his family's Thanksgiving celebration today.  I knew it wouldn't go well when I got home yesterday and listened to my answering machine message.  Erica and Tommy were thanking me for the gift and said they 'couldn't wait to enjoy it' on Thanksgiving Day.  Enjoy it???  Uh oh.  I knew they hadn't actually opened the box, just ripped off the brown paper I used to mail it with.

I would have given anything to be a fly on the wall at the Ferraro home today.  I can only imagine what his family must think of me.  I sure hope I didn't embarrass her.  It makes me roll on the floor laughing every time I think of her message.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much. It is more likely that the family was impressed by your beautiful Pot Pinchers.

Anonymous said...

~ exactly Eddie!..they loved those cute Pot Pinchers! ;-D