Friday, July 20, 2012

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Life goes on.  Yes, it was a sad day.  I thought about how invigorated and hopeful and cheerful I felt when I first went back to work last year.  Stark contrast to the dread and trepidation and sadness I felt on my last day today.  I'm tired of crying -- my puffy eyes give me away -- and now it's time to move on.

I have plenty to do around the house.  My Craft Cave has taken over most of the house and I'm not really sure why my roommate hasn't rebelled.  Things will get back in order next week.  I'll check into signing up for unemployment once again, start updating my resume, and begin to comb the help wanted ads.

Tomorrow my Chicken friend Kathy and I are going on the quilt shop hop I was planning that no other Chickens wanted to do.  Some are out of town and that's okay this time of year.  I'll have some pics of our adventures but for now I'll leave you with a photo I saw in the Quality Quilting shop's July newsletter:


A very good reminder to be extremely careful with your rotary cutters!!!!!!!!  I'm sure there was some swearing involved.

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

There are no words sometimes.....
but I hope you & Kathy have a GREAT time today---it will be good for both of you!