Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday morning I headed out early to the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild show. There were over 200 quilts on exhibit and lot of great vendors.  I saw several members of GLHQ there, some who are members of both quilt guilds -- dual citizenship, I guess!

Here are some of my favorite quilts.  This first one uses colors I have in my stash, ready to be used sometime soon.  It's a quilt-as-you-go quilt, a technique the quilter apparently did not care for but I think the result is quite striking:




Be sure to click on the one below to see the detail.  She used the same fabrics in the swirl to make small appliqued circles.


 A close up of the quilting in the above quilt:


This quilt below was very interesting.  The quiltmaker began in the upper left corner and worked her way down, adding sections at various angles.  She ironed very lightweight fusible interfacing to each section to stabilize and prevent stretching on the bias edges.


 And here's another quilt by the same maker, Ginia Forrester:







That's enough quilts for today.  I sure enjoyed the show and will post more pictures from it tomorrow.

No comments: