Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

Tomorrow is Father's Day, just in case you've been deaf to the ads on the radio, TV, internet, newsprint.  I doubt you could miss it unless you live under a rock, without Internet, phone, and cable TV access.  Or you've stayed inside your little hut and avoided contact with the outside world.

My Dad died just short of 3 years ago.  It might as well be yesterday because I still miss him more than you could ever know.  Every time I watch a Detroit Red Wings or Tigers game I think of him and the conversations we would have about the players, their record, and their chances for the playoffs.  I think of him when I travel and am contemplating where to eat, as he loved to travel the world.

What I wouldn't give to have one more lucid conversation with him.  I'm grateful that I was with him when he took his last breath but I'd gladly trade that moment for the chance to talk to him again.

No comments: