Monday, April 2, 2012

Darby House Retreat

Week before last my Chicken group had a quilting retreat at the Darby House in Oxford, MI.  It was a wonderful home with room for all of us to do our thing, sleep, cook, eat -- perfect!

We all had our own projects to work on:





Diane, Kathy, Joyce, Carol, Mary, Sue and I all worked on our own projects.  I finished a fabric book for Denver and gave it away before taking a photo.  I will tell you, though, that it was an unmitigated success as it went immediately into his mouth upon receipt!

Sue and I worked on a fabric bowl but I had to abandon it when I did not have the proper foot with me for my Bernina.  I believe it is in the house.  Somewhere.  Not sure just right now.

The Darby House was the perfect place for a group like ours.  If you live in the Detroit area you should get your group together and book an outing there.  It was so nice to get away without have to drive hours to get there!







Our rooms were fantastic, we did our own cooking, and were never starved!  We even had a chicken to watch over us:

Too much fun !!!

For now I'm going to call it a night.  I'll probably be asleep before my head hits the pillow!!!

No comments: