Sunday, December 4, 2011

Show's Over!




I'm happy to say that my craft shows for the year are complete -- phew!!  This past weekend's show was grueling and the weather today was bleh!  Sales were 1/2 what they were last year and this is the show's second year.  Could be that there were twice as many vendors as last year and that spread the money around a bit more.  Not sure.  I sold all eight of the brimmed hats I felted at my Mom's last Wednesday.  I definitely need to focus on making more of those next year.  I'm disappointed that I only sold one of my woven scarves.  I thought for sure those would go over well at this show, where a lot of well-to-do shoppers strolled around.  Hmm......

I had bought three new tablecloths and the cut-out ornaments to make the booth look uniform and festive.  You can see my 'hot seat' in the back -- that heated throw from Costco and the Presto radiant heat dish served me well as I doubt anyone else at the show was as comfortable as I was.

I'm looking forward to my day off of work tomorrow.  Funny thing is, it's my roommate's first day on his new job.  I hope everything goes well for him.  I'm sure he'll have a lot to tell me tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love your hats! I can see why they were scooped up. The scarves are pretty wonderful too.

Suzanne said...

Thanks Courtney! I'll be ordering more of that Berroco Ultra Alpaca yarn that I use for the felted hats, so I can get cranking on them earlier next year!!

Anonymous said...

~ awesome display of your wares!..tra would've loved that pink scarf! ;-D