Thursday, December 22, 2011

Shop Till You Drop

I finished most of my Christmas shopping tonight -- phew!!  I picked up the last of my gifts for Denver.  Not.  Going.  To.  Buy.  Anything.  Else.  Really!
I stopped at the Doll Hospital & Toy Soldier Shop in Berkley last night.  I love buying local  and I used to buy gifts for Holly there.  While there were loads of made in China junk things I persevered and found several toys that were made in the U.S.A.  I'm actually thrilled with the toys I found in the Green Toys line.


What a joy to find a company that is conscientious -- they recycle milk jugs into children's toys.  In the U.S.A. -- what a great concept!!  Nothing toxic and they have minimal packing, too.  There are no zip ties, twist ties, or plastic things holding these toys in their recyclable boxes.  Holly & Mike will love them and I know Denver will have hours of fun playing with them too.  There are more toys in older age ranges so I'll be picking up more over the years.  I'm starting with the blocks, stacker and tugboat.

I also got an Italian duck push toy and Sophie the Giraffe from France.  I had heard great things about Sophie but today I found there had been a recall several years ago so I hope those issues were resolved.

Denver will be getting his own camouflage fleece throw:

And this cute onesie I got at the Mt Bruce Sheep Station show:

With any luck all of the clothes I ordered from Macy's yesterday will get here by Saturday.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

I wrapped all of my gifts tonight -- probably a record for me.  Usually I'm taking care of that task on Christmas Eve -- practically a tradition.  I feel so much better that it's done.  Now on to the last minute sewing projects.......

No comments: