Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Saga Continues...

Well yesterday my Mom had no luck with the Comcast technician.  He told her she had a DHCP server problem and needed to take her CPU in to Best Buy for the Geek Squad to fix.  Remember she's 85 years old -- not exactly equipped to haul a heavy CPU out of the apartment, into her car and into the store.

Instead of all that hooey, I went to Best Buy at 8 pm last night, picked out a new computer, drove out to her apartment and got to work setting it up.  I made good progress except for the modem issue again, and trying to hook up her existing printer, which was too old to use with the Windows 7 operating system.  Plus, a new printer was included in her package so I just installed it instead.

Needless to say we were both up late, as I didn't leave until 11:15 pm.  I know she goes to bed around 9 pm, unless there's a hockey or baseball game on TV.  She was delighted to have her internet working once again -- 16 messages were in her inbox!  She'll have plenty to do today.  My roommate is hopefully heading over there to pick up the old pieces and either get the CPU repaired or discard it all at the recycler.

I'm pooped.  I have to be in bed by 8 pm today so I can get up at 3 am tomorrow for my flight.  I sure do hope I can get to sleep fast and not toss & turn, thinking about how I NEED to get to sleep.  Fingers crossed....

2 comments:

Renee said...

Good Job with Mom, Suz. Have a great trip!xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

~ glad the pc is back!..have a safe flight! ;-D