Saturday, October 8, 2011

Busy Saturday

Some days I can't believe all that I get done in a day.  Then there are days that seem to get away from me and nothing is accomplished.  Today was the former.

I went to a great quilt show with my friend Mary, who picked me up at 9:30 am!  Woohoo!  The show did not disappoint and I took many, many pictures.  I'll post them over the next couple of days so I don't wear you out!  So much eye candy!!

We did our fair share for the local economy at the vendors who were there today.  I bought several things from Chris Zane including a fabulous piece of hand dyed linen.  I see another jacket in my near future.  Mary spread her money around a bit!  We saw several members of GLHQ there and a few new vendors so I think there's a road trip in our future, too.

I finished sewing the giant snaps on my wool jacket and now I just need to tweak the collar a bit so it lays down better.  So far I'm pretty darn pleased with myself.  I haven't sewn garments in ages and I was pretty much winging this one.  Once the collar is straightened out I'll post pictures for that too!

It was a beautiful day weatherwise and it should continue for the next few days.  I'm lovin' it!

Here's one picture from the quilt show today.  I loved this one!  Simple, yet effective.  The border really makes it pop:


No comments: