Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Perfect Sunday Outing


How can any day go wrong when you start out passing by a field with beautiful sunflowers beside it???


Sunday morning my friend Sue picked me up and we headed out to Chelsea for the Fall Fleece Fair, offered up by the Spinners Flock.  I always tell myself that I'm going to be good and not buy too much but I don't think I've ever left their sales spending under $100.  It's good for the local economy, I tell myself.
Don't get crazy -- I didn't buy all of this yarn but I sure was tempted to buy several hanks.  See the pictures at the below the food for my selections.

We headed over to the Common Grill Restaurant afterwards for a fabulous brunch.  So many good options it was hard to decide what to order.  I went with a bowl of Lobster Corn Chowder (devoured before I thought to take a photo!) and a Chicken Frittata:

Sue ordered the Crab Cakes

Dessert choices were plentiful and scrumptious sounding.  I was naughty and ordered the Creme Brulee, again, nearly forgetting to take a picture!

From the restaurant we wandered into a couple shops nearby and found a lot to love about the Potting Shed. I'd been in their shop before but not since they had moved to their new, larger space across the street.  Sue and I each found must-have items there, including a pair of Sloggers rain boots for Holly, which were made in the U.S.A. -- woohoo!  They turned out to be too small for her so I think I'll keep them and get her the next size up when I'm there next.

So here's the yarn I had to have Sunday.  First is a large hank to make a sweater for Baby Denver:

Then I got two hanks of this denim-y colored yarn for a sweater or vest for Baby Denver:
Keep it between us okay? I don't want Denver to know yet!!

Here are a couple of mill spun yarns I want to use for hats for my shows:


Should be enough to keep me busy and out of trouble!

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

Nice post--lots of pictures! Denver is just too darn cute, and curtains turned out good!