Saturday, September 17, 2011

M.I.A.

I have been so busy that I haven't been able to post here.  Even Facebook noticed I hadn't been visiting there!  I've been working real hard to be ready for my upcoming shows.  Mt. Bruce is a week from TODAY! ! ! !  Yikes!  

Today I laminated my hangtags and trimmed them up -- did about 60 today.  I inventoried my current stash -- 50 knit hats, 13 felted hats, 10 woven scarves, 8 felted bags....so far.  I've got plenty of ideas -- all I need is time to execute them.  

I started the day by cleaning up the laundry room where my tub of inventory was stored.  One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was in full-fledged cleaning mode.  It's a good thing really.  I organized my quilt fabric that had been hanging out in the hallway on a bookcase.  This included the box of shirt and short fabric from my 9/11 firefighter quilt project.  It was time to put that away -- 7 years after I made the quilts.  Sheesh!

Kevin and I went over to the storage facility and loaded up my minivan with my show gear.  Now I just need to knit up a few more hats and I'll be good to go.

I pressed and cut out the fabric for Baby Denver's window curtain.  I still have to cut the lining but maybe I'll get that done tomorrow.

I also cut out a pattern I drafted from my friend Kate's boiled wool jacket that fit me to a T.  I found the most outstanding double-faced wool at Haberman Fabrics the other day and I KNEW I had to have it.  I'm winging it a bit and I have to say, I'm a bit nervous about cutting it.  At $40 a yard I don't want to mess up!  The remaining fabric is probably already gone at the store -- a hot commodity according to the sales gal.

If you have any tips for working with double-faced wool, I'm all ears!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are back!

Anonymous said...

hooray! ;-D