Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eatin' Good in my Neighborhood

Today's weather was glorious -- sunny and not too hot.  I feel fortunate to have such a nice day when so many people on the East coast are suffering from the effects of Hurricane Irene.

I sure haven't gotten much knitting done this weekend but I did manage to wash 7 earflap hats and get them dried:

I am most definitely eating well!  I picked up a few things at the grocery store that I needed to make this stuffed pepper dinner.

I'm so loaded with fresh produce I decided I better fix the beets I got from Mike's garden yesterday.  Here are my secret weapons for preparing them without getting stained:


I boiled up the last of my potatoes from Door to Door Organics and while I hated to heat up my kitchen, the end is worth the means.


Doesn't that look delicious??!!  So healthy and fresh -- perfect dinner for a Sunday night!

No comments: