Monday, June 20, 2011

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Have you ever been so truly, madly, deeply in love with something that you couldn't bare to use it?  Fiber people know what I'm talking about.  I have Liberty of London fabric I've not been able to cut up.  There's hand dyed wool fabric that sits on a shelf, waiting for the perfect project that may never actually materialize.  I've got loads of yarn sitting on my Expedit shelves, ready to jump off as I peruse them for my next knitting or weaving project.

This is such a yarn:

NO project was good enough for this exquisite skein of mohair and wool loveliness from Mountain Colors.  Oh, I thought I had the perfect project a time or two, but no, back onto the shelf it went.  I fondled it, sniffed it, lovingly gazed at it.  But now........it's about to be turned into a woven scarf.  I can sense the joy I'll have as I throw the shuttle full of this masterpiece of yarn.  The colors are glorious, wouldn't you agree??!!  It's called Mountain Goat and the color is Wild Raspberry -- positively delicious, eh?

No, I haven't been drinking.

1 comment:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

It is beautiful indeed! I think you can actually get a bit tipsy on wool! LOL This will make a woven dream of a scarf! I can't wait to see it.
Courtney