Saturday, May 28, 2011

Woven Scarf #8

Today I finished woven scarf #8:

I used 1 1/2 skeins of Jo Sharp DK Wool for the warp and a skein of Cascade 220 Handpaints for the weft. The picture above was taken before I washed and set the scarf.  I used a squirt of Method laundry soap in hot water and boy did the scarf bleed.  I rinsed it in cold water and repeated the entire process again.  It bled a bit more but I think it's done.  I've got it carefully laid out on a towel so I'll see if there's any dye transfer when I wake up in the morning!

This is my new favorite tool for weaving: 

I'm sure it looks crazy but it's really fantastic.  It's a Leclerc fringe twister that I got it from Paradise Fibers in California.  It comes in 2, 3, or 4 clip versions and I figured I could finish things faster with the 4 clip.

Right now they've got $2 shipping so you might want to head over to the Paradise Fibers website to see if there's anything you can't live without!

4 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

That scarf is stunning! Looks like you are having loads of fun with the new loom!
Thanks for the link to Paradise Fibers...looks like a place where I can drop tons of money!;-)
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, Suzanne! Sorry I did not make it over to your desk to see it in person. I love the twisted fringe.

Suzanne said...

Thanks Courtney -- the prices at Paradise Fibers are pretty good, besides the cheap shipping! Have fun helping the economy!

Suzanne said...

Thank you Eddie. The one I wanted to show you at the office is number 4 in the first grouping. I've made 5 more since then! The fringe maker is really helping to finish off the ends. Each scarf turns out a bit better than the last. So much yet to learn!