Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Hat and a Suitcase

I finished the Inside Out hat yesterday and I think it turned out well, but a bit smaller than I thought it would:


If you look closely you'll see little pellets of snow!  Darn Winter keeps hanging on.

I took the luggage that didn't work out back to Costco today and looked over their remaining selection.  Would you believe there was a new bag there just since yesterday?  I still didn't choose any of them and headed back over to Macy's.  I had studied several brands on line and decided, after more than an hour at the store, on this one:

I don't really travel much so I didn't want to spend a lot.  They're all made in China anyway so I'm figuring it will last about as long as any of them.

I'll try it out next weekend when I head up to Torch Lake for a weekend with my Chicken friends.  I'm going to learn how to minimize the things I take with me so that when I head through multiple airports next month I'm not dying trying.  I'll probably be toting my laptop with me and it sure would be nice to bring some knitting along too.

I wish you could smell the delicious corned beef that's cooking away on my stove -- I am getting soooo hungry smelling it!  I've got some cabbage, potatoes and carrots to go with it.  Can't wait for dinner!

No comments: