Friday, February 25, 2011

Well, crap

I was all set to post pictures of my new books and prospective projects but I'm having computer issues.  A friend got a bug that was sent out to everyone and her brother in her address book.  I had 17 Trojans removed from my computer with the last virus scan this morning -- thanks to my anti-virus software from Secunia for averting disaster.

Now I'm having trouble loading pictures.  Guess I know what I'll be working on tomorrow.

Today I got a phone call a little after 4:30 pm.  In a most uncomfortable way, the voice on the other end was advising me I'd have to pay back my pro-rated severance BEFORE I could start back at work next Tuesday.  This wasn't a surprise but really, could you wait any longer to tell me?!  I received the email from her advising me of the details at 4:46 pm.  -- the last mail pick up at the post office is 5:00 pm.  Yikes!  I ran around the house, writing a rather large check, looking for an envelope, stamp, address label.  Zoomed out of the house and down the road to the post office, arriving 3 minutes before closing.  Phew!  Not sure my check will get to Pennsylvania before Tuesday.  I might just have to not work that day, after all!

Hope you all have a great weekend.  Be productive whatever you do!

No comments: