Sunday, February 27, 2011

Panic...

...is setting in.  I had so many things I wanted to accomplish before going back to work.  There just aren't enough hours left before Tuesday morning.

I selected the wool for the front panels of my wool jacket and cut out the pieces.  They all now reside in a plastic tote that used to be beside my bed, housing lusted for alpaca that I bought 25 years ago.  I know you think I'm exaggerating but I assure you, I am not.  The alpaca has now taken its rightful place in my craft room beside other cherished skeins of alpaca.

I put away bundles and bundles of dyed wool fabric that were not selected for this jacket.  I feel so much better about my craft room -- it was in disarray for several weeks because of this project.  I'm placing yarn and the designated pattern for future projects in their own little canvas bags.  Lord knows I have plenty of project bags -- you too?????

Next up -- a dreaded giant black garbage bag -- waiting to be filled with all the useless nonsense that has been living on my night stand, my dresser, a side table, and the top of my bed.  See -- this is what happens when you don't deal with things.  I'm being ruthless.  Well, a little bit, anyway.  I think the clutter in my bedroom is contributing to the clutter in my head and causing me to sleep poorly.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have one more day to make things right in my craft room too because after Tuesday it will serve as my home office.  I nearly had a meltdown yesterday when I was trying to write up four contracts for quilt guild speakers and had so much junk in my way I was spazzing out.  My computer desk is looking better today and I installed a new wireless mouse which rids me of that crazy cord that ALWAYS seemed to be caught on something.  I know you know what I'm talking about.

When things are organized and junk is gone I'm sure I'll be in a better mindset and ready to face the challenges my new job will present.

I'm watching a bit of the Oscars while I clean.  I haven't seen a single nominated film.  Sad, so sad.  I really need to take time to do such things.  Sitting in the dark for 2 hours would get in the way of my knitting, though.....

Oh, oh, oh --- almost forgot.  Don't forget to stop by tomorrow.  It's my 2nd Blogoversary and I'll be announcing my giveaways.  Yes, that's plural!!

No comments: