Thursday, February 24, 2011

Count Down to Work

I've got only four days left until I go back to work.  How in the world am I ever going to get all my little projects done before then?  Simple -- I won't!  I'll have to squeeze them in between learning my new job.  No problem.

Today I had lunch with Holly's mother in law, Bonnie.  We had a good time but I have to say, it was the first time we've been together, just us, so it felt at times to me like a blind date.  Trying to make conversation with someone you barely know.  The purpose of our meeting, besides having a delicious lunch at Olive Garden, was to start planning a baby shower for Holly.  Bonnie had already contacted a pizza place that Holly thought of and brought along their menu options.  I think it will be great -- besides pizza, they offer salads and pasta, including Fettucine Alfredo -- Holly's favorite.  We'll have help from a couple of other gals and together we will have a wonderful party for Holly.

I was running low on gas so I stopped at Costco and paid $3.26 per gallon.  Yuck.  I sure hope this mess in the Middle East gets sorted out quickly.  I heard some quotes from Moammar Gadhafi today where he said the U.S. and Osama bin Laden were in cahoots together to overthrow him and that everyone was on drugs.  Scary!!  Sounds like he's  the one on drugs.

Tomorrow will be a busy day:  sewing up the Imagine sweater, sending out four contracts to quilt teachers, lunch with former co-workers (if the weather is NOT as bad as predicted) and poring over my new books -- they arrived today and I'll show them to your tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

Only three days until my second Blogoversary -- look for a fabulous giveaway on Monday's post!

No comments: