Sunday, January 23, 2011

Check Another One Off

Do you ever find that performing the most mundane tasks give you the most satisfaction?  In my latest cleaning frenzy I cleaned out the refrigerator.  Yes, even the coils underneath, something that's been nagging at me for months.  Year before last a repairman came to fix my dryer and sold me the long handled bristle brush to get the lint out of the dryer AND clean the coils under the fridge.  Did I keep up on it?  Uh, no.  But I made up for it today.  Another item off my list of things to clean.

I didn't get any knitting done on my Imagine Sweater today but I did start an Infinity scarf while I was at Right off the Sheep today.  I'm using a fabulous yarn from Fiesta Yarns called Ballet.  It's a totally new fiber blend for me -- 50% Tencel/50% Alpaca.  It's a bit splitty and temperamental but I love the feel of it.  I cast on 200 stitches using a size 10 circular.  Anne and Linda were busy re-arranging the inventory, moving yarns from the front of the store to the back, etc.  Linda alerted me to a yarn going into the sale bin that was a must have for me.  Another new to me fiber blend  from Plymouth Earth, Hillside Linen, is 80% Alpaca/20% Linen and it's going to make a fabulous cardigan.  I want to cast on so badly, but alas, I must finish TWO things before I can start on one new item.  Darn rule I just made up for myself.  Mutter, mutter, mutter.

No comments: