Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Too darn busy!

My head is spinning right off of my neck!  I can hardly find time to breathe lately.  I'm busy managing the yarn sales on Ravelry and shipping everything off.  I have to say I don't care much for some of the self sealing bubble envelopes.  Seems they stick to themselves waaaay too fast for me and then you can't pry them apart.  Crap.

I dropped the Town & Country off at the collision shop yesterday afternoon to get the bumper replaced before I turn it in next Monday and would you believe it was ready today at 2:30 pm.???  I took two buses to get home yesterday and I took the same two buses back out there today.  It looks great and I'm tempted to just leave it in the driveway until Monday.  But I won't.

Last night was Chicken stitch group night at Judy's and we got the best news possible.  Our friends Carol and Joyce, whose kids married each other, became grandmothers of Henry James yesterday afternoon.  We were all so excited and relieved for all of them.  Last year Erin and Jim lost their newborn daughter and it was an unbearably sad time.  I wrote about it here.  But now we can celebrate the arrival of Henry and I can think of a boy gift to make for him.  Hmmmm......

I took a half vacation day today to get the house prepped for the appraiser to come.  It's clean enough for me to host group next month but I'm sure it won't last.

I very nearly made a fatal financial mistake -- I was close to buying a car off of Craigslist that was 'too good to be true'.  Thank goodness the wisdom of the Chicken girls prevailed and I did not go through with it.  I suppose $3000 for a 2005 Volvo XC90 with 52,000 miles that's selling elsewhere for $16-18,000 was some sort of scam-a-rama.  Ya think??

So the search continues for a good used car.  Or truck.  Can't you just see me behind the wheel of a pick-up truck??  Never in a million years.............

1 comment:

Renee said...

Suz,
Good luck on finding a reliable used car at an affordable price. The Volvo you mentioned might not be a scam, but might be a dealer selling it for $3000 down and then financing the rest. Be careful out there.
Thinking about you in a truck--hmmm.. maybe you could just ride with Kevin for a while! ha ha!
Your eBay sales have gone well, and I take it your yarn is selling also.
It'll all work out, just maybe not what you'd expected or been most comfortable. Life-an Adventure!
Good luck with the re-fi and be careful driving the T&C!
xoxoxo