Saturday, September 18, 2010

Why I Love Hardware Stores

You can usually find just about anything you could possibly need at a hardware store.  Sometimes the employees come up with solutions you would never have considered for your problem or need.  Today I went over to Home Depot to find a stand for Hedy.  In my mind, I needed some sort of wooden base and a large dowel to screw into the base for the wig stand to set on.  My goal is to keep Hedy from blowing around at shows and make her a little more presentable.

Here's what employee Michelle and I came up with:

A galvanized flange, adapter, and 1/2" pipe -- superb!  Small but with enough weight to keep Hedy on the table.  Here's a close up of the pieces:

So now I can take photos with Hedy not resting on the table:

Hedy is modeling my latest beret made from Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a lovely pea green color -- so nice and soft.  It's raining outside today so Hedy will have to stay inside while the hat dries.

Last night I had no TV, Internet, or phone again.  I tried all sorts of unplugging, re-plugging, resetting, etc. without success.  Instead I worked on more needle felting ideas for coats.

But as luck would have it, when the house phone wasn't working this morning I called AT&T on my cell phone, and after one last reset, everything was back in order.  It feels so isolating when all this stuff goes on the fritz.

I'm off to work on some more wool coats.  I need to get a couple more done today and then I can feel 'well-stocked'.

No comments: