Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekends are for rest, right?

My first show of the year is coming up next weekend -- see map, etc. on the right panel.  I spent yesterday and today making sure that my Is are dotted and my Ts are crossed.  At least I have a list from which I can begin to cross off items.

Remember how I said I thought I had an AT&T problem but it corrected itself?  Wrong.  I spent most of the weekend without TV, phone, or Internet access.  I finally called for service yesterday and the repair was scheduled for today, between noon and 4 PM.  That pretty much kept me confined to quarters for the day.  I missed out on a planning meeting for our next quilt show and a visit with Holly & Mike.

I did, however, get quite a bit done, including the finishing details of my latest wool coat.  That gives me 6 coats for this weekend's show.  If I can, I'd like to get more done, but they're a lot of labor and I still have some buttons to sew on and seams to sew down by hand.

I also updated several bags in my inventory that haven't sold over the past couple of years.  It's amazing how simply adding some needle felting designs suddenly make the bags marketable.  Hopefully that will be the case at Mt. Bruce.

Without further delay, here is the front lapel of my latest coat, a cashmere/mohair blend:

Now, the front is always a preview of the back, right?  Here's the back:

Kevin thinks it is teetering on the edge of gaudy.  I know it's easy to go overboard so if you think it's a bit much, please tell me.  He's a guy -- what does he know????

Here are some close ups of the flowers on the back:


I'm a little worried about the weather forecast for the coming week.  I see a lot of rain and that will make the field where we park for the show very soggy, muddy, slippery next weekend.  The weather for next weekend is looking nice -- 69º and sunny -- perfect for this time of year.  Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have quite as much rain as predicted and more sunshine!

No comments: