Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Wool Coat

Expecting rain today, I drove to work and got into the office at 6:30 AM.  I intended to take a half day but that didn't work out.  Even still, I was home by 3:30 PM, so I got right to work designing another embellishment for a wool coat.  

First I had to decide which coat to use:  black, navy, grey???  I ended up with a black Chesterfield coat by London Fog.  I looked through several books for inspiration and decided on a winter theme.  Here's what I came up with:

And a close up of the snowflake:

I really enjoy selecting the roving and needle felting it down but sometimes I get a bit stressed out narrowing down my design ideas.  Not that doesn't happen in other areas of my life.  

I'm glad with the finished look and tomorrow I'll use some fresh eyes to decide what to do on the front of the coat.

P.S.  Happy Birthday Eddie!

4 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Really, really cute, Suzanne!

harriet said...

Love the winter design! Looks great. Can't wait to see what you choose for the front.

Eddie said...

Love the design - the hearts on the mittens are a really nice detail!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and your tip about getting a discount at the Knitting Room!

Suzanne said...

Thank you everyone! They are so much fun to do!