Friday, July 16, 2010

Warm temps and lots of rain....


......will make your garden grow!  I know I kept it inside far too long (kind of like a parent leery of letting their 16 year old drive) but my Mother's Day tomato plant has been outside for a few weeks now and I noticed some flowers today:
Maybe I'll have tomatoes by the time we get our first frost :*)

I realized it had been knocked about by the storm so I broke a dead branch off of my lilac to prop it up a bit:
Pay no attention to my neighbor's huge tomato plants in the background.  As a matter of fact, yes, those are tomatoes growing on his plants.

Then I wandered around my yard, spotting the blooming balloon flowers.  This one looks like the storm got the best of it:

But the other bloom, with more to come soon, looks pretty darned good.  Here are several shots of the same bloom -- I couldn't decide which one I liked best so you're getting them all!




I can't wait to see more of them bloom.  Since it's supposed to be hot with a few storms over the next several days, it won't be long before my garden is full of blooms.

No comments: