Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just Because

Do you ever do things that you don't like to do just because it's the right thing to do?  Do you ever sew with ugly fabric just to use it up or knit up yarn you bought so long ago you've since decided you'd rather not use?

Today I got out some old bubblegum pink wool that I had inherited from someone.  Back when I first started knitting for shows I would take wool donations of any kind, as long as the wool would felt.  I've already made a bag out of this crazy pink stuff but the remaining two cakes were staring at me today from my cubicles.  I had decided I would knit everything in the cubicles, one cube at a time, and the pink wool was residing there.

I worked up a gauge swatch, getting 5 stitches to the inch, and cast on 92 to make an 18" hat for a young girl.  What little girl doesn't like pink, right?  I worked on it this afternoon and am now down to the double D decreases.  I'll finish it tomorrow and post pictures.  It really is bubblegum pink!

No comments: