Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th + 1

What have I done on my day off?  Hmm.  Not what I planned on doing but I was still productive.  If you're a regular reader you should notice the blog has had a major makeover.  Thanks to Sarah's blog post  I learned how to create a banner, something I've wanted to do for a long time but didn't think I had it in me.

I've picked a new template, colors, etc. -- what's the verdict?   Like it?  Hate it?  Go back to the old version?  I spent several hours off and on working on it so I hope the changes are good.  I like it, maybe that's the most important element!

I didn't get hardly any knitting done this weekend.  I was busy putzing around though and when it's as hot as it currently is (93ºF) I'm not about to do anything outside.  Ok, maybe one thing -- head over to the party store to get some Diet Pepsi for my daily caffeine fix.  I'll be sweating the whole way down the alley and back.  Phew!

I've got some barbecued chicken in the oven, corn on the cob ready for the pot, and some waxed beans that need to be steamed.  Yummo!  

It's back to work tomorrow and it will be a long day.  Plenty of regular jobs to run and I need to work on my mid year review.  I know I keep saying that but it's such a PITA to do.  I'm always relieved when it's done, much like doing my income taxes.  The weather will be steamy for several days -- not sure if I want to wait at the bus stop in the hot, hot sun, or just drive the T&C.

I hope everyone had a safe, happy holiday weekend in the States.  

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love the new look Suzanne!

eddie said...

Love it! It is good to change your look occasionally. I do it with facial hair : )

Suzanne said...

Thanks! Uh, Eddie, I'm hoping not to ever deal with facial hair myself.

janet said...

I love your blog makeover, what fun!!

janet said...

Love your blog makeover, what fun!!
Thanks for the link on how to make a header, I wanted to know how, and now I just finished making new headers for both of my blogs. Thanks so much!!!

harriet said...

Love the banner! It's got my pillow in it. Now everyone can always see how beautiful it is.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look Suzanne!

Kim

Suzanne said...

Thank you, thank you, one and all.

Janet -- both of your blogs look great. Glad the tutorial worked for you.

Harriet -- Your pillow is one of my favorite projects ever so I'm glad to have it in the banner.