Friday, May 14, 2010

Quilt Guild Pics

Last night was our quilt guild meeting.  I ran around like a wild woman, writing checks, collecting cash -- such a dutiful treasurer.  Our speaker couldn't make it due to trouble trying to cross over from Canada.  We were fortunate enough to have a member trunk show in her place.  I snapped a few pictures of the Show n Tell quilts.

First is Sue's quilt from the Diane Hire workshop in March ~~

And here's a member's quilt from the Kat Campau workshop in April ~~
It's so refreshing to see finished projects from workshops.  I think in all the different workshops I've taken I've only finished one project.  I know that it's more important to learn new techniques, but really!

Here are a few more quilts that I enjoyed seeing last night ~~




This giant quilt was made by Lucy ~~
A bit of a different view ~~

And finally, two quilts made by one of our guild's most prolific quilters.  Robin hand pieces and hand quilts all of her quilts -- not too many modern quilters can say that.  And I've been to her home to see her in action.  She has the tiniest fabric stash I've ever seen -- all of what she has is stored in a trunk -- taking up about 3" of room in the bottom of a trunk in her hallway.  Astonishing!

The first quilt was made with fabric her grandchildren gave her ~~
And a close up ~~


And one more quilt made from reproduction fabrics ~~

And another close up ~~


I also have a couple of pictures from my Mother's Day dinner out last Monday.

First up, Holly and Mike -- hard to believe they've been married nearly a year.  Where does the time go?

And lastly our entire group -- I think the photographer needs to stick to his  regular job as a waiter.  Pretty shaky shot ~~

Tonight I'm sitting home.  Not unusual you say?  Well, most of my knitting friends are gathered up north for a retreat.  Once more, I decided not to spend the money but I'm missing out on all the frivolity.  Worse yet, I'll have to hear the stories of all the wonderful goings on when they get home.  I'm just going to knit myself crazy instead!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your evening in.
Get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Suzanne!!!!!!!!!!! We miss you terribly! We will try not to monopolize the conversation with our "retreat frivolities" too much :)

Kim W

Suzanne said...

Thanks for saying so Kim! Hope the facilities are working out for the gang. The weather sure is cooperating!

SusanQuilter said...

Great photos, both the quilts and the family! I do particularly enjoy seeing my quilt up there--its always fun to see someone else holding it, and it does look good. I don't always finish things from workshops anymore--hardly ever! So it was fun to finish one...

Anonymous said...

Suzanne,
We absolutely missed you! Hopefully, next year will work for you.

Those quilts are absolutely beautiful! I'm really not sure how long I can hold out before I have to start quilting. Probably should just leave that to the experts (you guys) --- ahhh, so many things to do, so little time to do them...

Harriet
(google won't accept my password - damm)