Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fun Day

Today I celebrated my son Kevin's 30th birthday with him.  We had a delicious brunch at Cafe Muse in Royal Oak.  There were tons of people dining who had just participated in the Race for the Cure run/walk in Detroit  It rained cats and dogs most of the morning and into the afternoon.  We then went to the REI store in Troy where he picked out a new pair of hiking boots for his present.  That store was swamped !!  They are having a sale and apparently EVERYONE knew about it.

Kevin headed back home and I drove out to my friend Kathy's to sew with the Chickens.  Well, I at least cut out fabric for a pillowcase ~~
I hope to get it sewn together tomorrow.

I had a chance to see Kathy's new Horn cabinet that she purchased from a former co-worker of mine.  It looks great and now her room seems much more accessible ~~

There were six of us at Kathy's today.  Jackie worked on some pillowcases using Kaffe Fassett fabrics for a shop in Elk Rapids ~~


 and Pat worked on her Nosegay Hummingbird blocks using Aunt Gracie fabrics ~~

Sue decided she wanted to make the Quick as a Wink wallhanging that Kathy had learned to do at the Kat Campau workshop~~
Kathy got Sue started on it and I think we all added our 2¢ worth.  Sue got busy machine quilting it before too long ~~

Kathy and Judy looked over one of the Ricky Tims books together ~~

I spotted a couple of  'critters' outside to snap a photo of ~~

 
You can see the suet in the woodpecker's beak!  Ok, so the outdoor shots are a little fuzzy.  I'm still learning how to use my new camera for outdoor shots.

We went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant that was super busy, slow to get our food to us and when they did, they messed up Kathy's order.  Could have been a lot better but at least my fish taco was good.

Maggie keeps looking out our living room window for Kevin but he went up to see Holly for the night, so Maggie will be waiting a while.

It's hard for me to believe that Kevin is 30 years old.  Geez, where do the years go?  I remember the events of his birth like it was yesterday.  That's a good sign at my age, right?

2 comments:

Renee said...

Suzanne,

Please pass on best wishes to Kevin when he gets home.

I too have been wondering where those 30 years have gone. But I know in my heart that they have gone into scraped knees and boo boos to kiss, and first days at school, band concerts and sports practices, braces and glasses, the teenage hormones, First crushes, proms and graduations, adulthood.

But my brain can kick in and recall nearly every detail of the hardest, longest day of work that a woman can clock in for-the labor and delivery of a child (especially the first one--that is so life changing for each of us).

And yes--that is a good sign at your age, at my age, at any age!

I'm glad you got to spend a nice enjoyable day with your oldest.

Renee xoxo

SusanQuilter said...

Saturday was one of the most fun days I've spent in quite awhile---even though we weren't all there at the same time, Saturday there were 7 of us throughout the day & it was great to spend time with everyone. I hadn't been in a Chicken gathering since FEBRUARY! Too long...Nice photos!