Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Is 'free' ever really free?  Today I went to my leasing dealership, which was unceremoniously 'de-commissioned' last year during the bankruptcy.  Every time I've been in there their service department has been nothing but nice.  Today I needed my 'free' oil change.  Ok, so I was about 200 miles past due but I'm really not driving it much these days.  Anyhow, he talked me into rotating the tires and it went downhill from there. 

It's not that I didn't know my brakes were squeaking and a bit slow to stop.  I was just hoping to eek it out until the car gets turned in next November.  Anyhow, one thing led to another and my 'free' oil change cost me $193.  Ugh.

Next I was off to the new dealership where I got my A/C fixed (one of a gazillion who need that this week), new radiator cap,  some sensor for my washer fluid pump, and something else I'm not even sure about.  No charge there -- all covered under warranty -- PHEW!!  It's so darn nice to have it blowing cold air when it's steaming hot outside.

I did get a hunk of knitting done during my four hours at the two dealerships.  Finished my first Willy Nilly bag, except for the handles, and started a second one.  Pictures coming tomorrow.

This weekend is a long holiday weekend and I cannot wait!  I won't get out of work until 5 pm tomorrow but the good news is I don't have to go in until 10 am  so I get to sleep in a bit and catch a later bus.  I'm really hoping to get some yard work done this weekend and of course, plenty of time for crafts.  The weather will be fabulous so as long as the mosquitos aren't biting, I'll be outside!

No comments: