Saturday, May 22, 2010

1 Million Pillowcase Challenge

Are you up for a challenge?  Can you sew?  Do you have fabric stacked around the house?  If you answered 'yes' to all three questions then how about sewing up a pillowcase or two or more?  American Patchwork & Quilting is sponsoring a drive to make a MILLION pillowcases to be given to all sorts of needy people -- battered women, cancer patients, nursing home residents, and more.  The website (click on the button over on the left hand side) provides all sorts of information including several free patterns, so even if you've never sewn a pillowcase before, you can now do it!

I'm heading over to my friend Kathy's to sew with my Chicken friends.  I'm taking fabric to cut and sew a few pillowcases myself.  Then I can go online and add my count to the total donated.  So far they've got almost 86,000.  Quite a ways to go to get to 1,000,000 but if we all make a few it can happen.  

If you choose to accept this challenge (and I hope you do) -- good for you!  You will feel great knowing you've made a difference in someone you've never met's life.

No comments: