Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Super Talented Quilters

Last Saturday 4 of my Chicken friends joined me at the Oakland County Quilt Guild's bi-annual show in Lake Orion.  Amazing quilts awaited us as well as some great vendors.  Can't go wrong with that combination.

Here are a few of the quilts I admired most.  Make sure you click on the photos so you can see the detail.

First up is a quilt made by Judy Kleeves of Holly, MI ~~
And a close up of the corner block ~~

Next up is one that Diane liked, made by Lucy Kohler of Commerce Twp, using Gwen Marston's techniques ~~
And a close up of the wonky stars ~~

Here's one that Sue liked that was a painted whole cloth quilt made by Carol Tamasiunas of White Lake ~~

I found myself mesmerized by this beauty made by Darlene Garstecki of Hot Springs Village, AR ~~
Her techniques were amazing -- the threadwork was stellar.  The tree was made from chenille fabric.  I could have stared at this piece all day.

Here's another applique quilt (I seemed to be drawn to them), made by Jan Jump of Maryville, TN ~~
It was her first attempt at machine applique -- nice job, eh?

And finally for tonight, one last applique quilt, this one made by Emmy Helland of Rochester Hills ~~
I loved her work!

Now, I have so many more quilt show photos to share but that will have to wait until tomorrow.  I need to get to bed -- too darned tired lately.  Hope you had a great day -- it was a beautiful one around here.

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

The quilts were amazing, and your photos turned out very nicely. Applique is my favorite too!!