Monday, March 15, 2010

A Quickie

Can't write for too long, I need to get to bed.  I was up late last night (past midnight) playing with my new toy computer, so I'm a bit sleep deprived.

Today I pulled a 'Suzy Smart' as my mother would say.  I tried to load my HP Photosmart printer that I've had for about 4 years and found out it was not compatible with Windows 7.  Not a big surprise.  So I started searching for a new printer online -- Costco, Best Buy, Target.  Then it hit me -- don't go running off and buying a new printer -- check the compatibility at the Windows website.  BINGO -- I found the new driver I needed, downloaded it and voila -- I have my old printer installed.  Yippee!  Saved myself about $150!!

I felt like I was on a roll so I decided to install my Logitech webcam -- same story -- the installation CD came up not compatible with Windows 7.  Now 'Momma didn't raise no dummy' and sure enough I found the updated installation information on the Logitech website.  Back in business with my webcam.  Woohoo.

Now all of my wires are carefully tucked behind my desk and I can work on putting other things back in their proper place tomorrow.

No comments: