Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trading in the sewing needle....

for my circular knitting needle.  Woohoo!  That means I've finished sewing down the binding on the quilt I needed to finish for quilt guild tomorrow.  Yessirree ma'ams and sirs -- that means I'm actually early.  I'll give you a second while you pick yourself up off the floor.  Those who know me well know that I'm always pushing myself with impossible deadlines.  I will putz and putz and then.....I will get incredible ideas with limited time to execute them properly.  Take Christmas 2008 -- this was the first year for my nephew's new family (his son plus 3 soon to be stepchildren).  I decided on Christmas Eve night that I would knit each of the children a hat.  Yep, 4 hats, and they needed to be done before noon on Christmas Day.  Done, done, diddle-y done.

So now I'm back to working on the Teal Rose Hill hat.  I'm using Malabrigo worsted wool in a great shade that happens to be bleeding all over my fingertips as I work.  Definitely going to have to wash this one in some Synthrapol when I'm done -- don't want the color running down someone's face when they wear it in a snowstorm!

No comments: