Sunday, January 10, 2010

What the ???

Today the power went out for a couple of hours.  Of course I had gone to Costco yesterday to stock up.  Luckily it came back on relatively quickly and saved the day.  I wasn't looking forward to sleeping in a frigid house and then there's the problem of getting ready for work tomorrow.  I will be washing my hair and although it's long enough to just put some gel in it and be kinky I prefer the straight look these days.  I need to get to the barber shop soon -- roots are popping up!

I finished the my second charity hat for South Oakland Shelter tonight.  I spent the afternoon at Right off the Sheep, knitting with the ladies, and got all of the cabled section done.  Here are some shots of the completed hat:


The top:

Could benefit from washing -- think I'll do that tonight.



Pretty flat on top.

I like how the sides came out although the section between the twisted cable stitches is a bit hard to decipher.





I have enough left over yarn to make another hat from each yarn so I think I'll try to get that done for the February meeting.  I could make some preemie caps for the NICU at Providence Hospital.  There's always a need.

They didn't have the right needle size I needed at the shop this afternoon so I'll have to go back to using the Denise needles.  :(

I still need to make some tassels for the first charity hat -- it was a resounding YES when I asked the girls today if it needed them.  Geez!

I have a busy week ahead with both the knitting and quilting guilds meeting.  I plan to be in the gym on the off days.  It's so easy to just drive home from work and stay in, rather than venturing back out into the cold.......

2 comments:

Megan said...

Love that hat! Great tweedy yarn.

Suzanne said...

Thanks Megan -- hope you have a chance to see the crown after I washed the hat. Much, much better!