Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunny Saturday

While it was chilly today at least the sun was out.  I made it to the gym this morning and that felt good.  I worked on the interval training in a Couch Potato to 10K in 20 weeks program I'm thinking of doing with friends Tanya and Kate.

I spent most of the day putzing in my craft room and knitting away on my second charity hat.  There's a mock cable design in it that takes some concentration on my part to keep everything straight.  Here's a shot of the progress so far ~~

You can't see it in this photo but the yarn actually has flecks of different colors in it.  I think it will make a good neutral hat, one that would work for either a boy or a girl.

The hat I finished yesterday is probably meant for a girl ~~



I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to put some tassels on the 'ears' yet.  Here's a close up of the ear shaping.


Both yarns are acrylic which is tough on my hands -- they get so dry and rough when I knit with that yarn.  Yuck.  Give me a good wool or alpaca any day of the week!  I can't wait to get back to knitting on the Thai Vest.

I found my list from last year of projects to be finished.  I got quite a few in done in 2009 but still have several to go, including the yellow throw that I haven't touched since I knit on it on the plane ride to/from Alaska three years ago!  I'll never run out of things to keep me busy......

No comments: