Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Day

I hope everyone has had a memorable day visiting with family and friends today.  I trust you all were well fed and had plenty of treats.  It's good to get together and remember to be grateful for all that we have.

I'm grateful for:

  1. My children
  2. My Mom
  3. My sisters and their families
  4. My friends
  5. My job
  6. My home
  7. My dog
  8. The changing seasons
  9. My love of crafts
  10. A good night's sleep
There are so many things to be grateful for in life.  All too often, though, I get fixated on what isn't going well.  Like when my washing machine broke -- at least I had a washing machine TO fix and the money to make it happen.  While things are not going too well at work, at least I still have a job and benefits.

It's just about time for me to sign up to be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army's red kettle drive.  I've done it for the last 3 years and it's really rewarding.  How many other times in life do you have people thank you for doing a charitable act or say 'God Bless You'?  Most of the times I have done this it's been miserably cold.  Perhaps that leads to getting more people donating when I look pitiful.  This year I've got plenty of pocket warmers so I'll be packing them to help keep me from turning into an icicle. 

I finished the first of the four Republic hats I need to knit for my customer in Dryden.  I want to get the other three done plus the pair of fingerless mitts for my friend Eddie.  Then I need to finish Holly & Mike's rug.  I'll be glad when the 'have to do' items are checked off my list of things to do and I can go back to knitting things for me.

No comments: