Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rainy Day

It poured buckets today and put the kibosh on my travels to Brighton for rug hooking group. I might have gone if Kate and Joyce had been available but I definitely didn't feel like driving 90 miles round trip in the rain by myself.

Instead I putzed around in my craft room. I got caught up on my email, fixed my computer -- that darn PhotoGallery pop up window is now gone, wound lots of skeins of yarn in preparations of knitting hats and bags next week, and continued making a hat from the Rowan British Sheep yarn. This hat is made from Jacob sheep yarn where the one I finished last week was from Suffolk sheep yarn. The Jacob is much softer and nicer to knit with. The Suffolk hat is a 2x1 rib where the Jacob hat is a 3x1 rib pattern. I'll have pictures tomorrow. I've haven't posted any pictures in a few days and I know the written posts get dull without any pictures.

Tonight I watched the movie 'Serendipity' with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale. I had wanted to see that movie when it was in the theater but never got around to it. I started watching it with about an hour to go but lucky for me it's on the Oxygen network and it started up again right after it first finished up. I know it's crazy but I appreciate the movies looping so that people like me can stand a chance of seeing the entire movie. A few years ago I caught 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' with a few minutes to go. The movie kept being repeated every month or two and each time I caught the movie a bit earlier in the film until eventually I actually saw the beginning. I was so relieved to finally see the entire movie!

I like the thought of serendipity -- accidentally discovering something fortunate. I like to imagine that I'll find the love of my life that way, but no luck thus far. Check out the entry on Wikipedia -- there are all sorts of scientific discoveries attributed to serendipity.

Tomorrow will be a dreadfully hot and sticky day around here. The temperature was in the 60s most of the day but has climbed to 77ยบ and it's very muggy. Even my windows are fogging up. I'm so grateful for air conditioning!

1 comment:

Lupie said...

I am so done with the rain!!!