Thursday, July 2, 2009

Relaxation defined

It's so good to be off work for the holiday weekend. Things are so stressful with the vice president notifying us that 6 members of our team stand to be excessed anywhere between next month and April 2010. Yippee. I sure wish I could come up with a way to make a living being crafty.

In the meantime, I hope to get a lot of knitting done this weekend for shows. There's also that hooked rug for the newlyweds that I MUST finish. Once I get going on it I'll be fine -- it's just that act of stretching it out and cutting the strips so I can start hooking my heart out. I won't post a picture of the rug until it's totally finished and ready to be delivered.

Detroit has their annual City Fest this weekend where they have all sorts of food vendors, bands, and crafters. I'm hoping to get down there maybe on Saturday. I'll try to remember to take my camera -- there's bound to be a great sight or two.

No comments: