Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finishing up

I finished the 78 tartan napkin rings for my sister tonight. Phew. Carla's quilt was washed and is in the dryer. This is the first time I've used a wool batt so I'm curious to see how it compares to my normal cotton batts. I'm hoping that it softens up a bunch once it's washed.

The Red Wings played like they were on their last legs tonight and lost 4-2, which happened to be the score predicted by the local sports station. Only problem is, they were predicting the Wings would win by that score, not lose by that score. So in the absence of a win, I've drowned my sorrows with a yummy Michigan Riesling from Longview Vineyards. Can't wait for Saturday's game. If they win, I'll be popping open the Cherry Port from that vineyard.

Tomorrow I'll be working on my mid year review at work, all the while performing my regular duties. I hope to get the review done and turned in so I won't need an extension. We've all been joking, half-heartedly, that this might be our last review, based on the latest news from Delphi and lack of news from our management team. Time to get that resume fine-tuned......

No comments: