Friday, May 22, 2009

Perking Up

Yesterday when I got home from work I found my pansies were 'suffering poorly'. Sad, oh so sad. Neglect is a strong word but I'm afraid these poor plants were woefully neglected. The cure, however, was as simple as massive infusions of water. Like magic, they were back to their perky selves.


And while I was outside snapping pictures, I took the opportunity to capture some of my Columbines. I love how delicate yet resilient they are, holding up in strong winds and bouncing back after a rain shower.



I enjoy playing with the macro on my camera and getting in as tight as possible on the flowers.




This is one of my favorites ~~ it looks like the flower has wings, like an airplane.



Today was Kevin's birthday. I got out of work early and we did some shopping and had dinner at Memphis Smoke, one of his favorites. We then got some ice cream at Oberweis and headed back home for a night of yelling, er, I mean watching first the Tigers and then the Red Wings on TV. So far the Tigers won and the Wings have tied it up. Sure would be nice for them to win also. That would put them up in the series, 3-0, making it virtually impossible not to advance to the Stanley Cup series. Go Wings!

No comments: